Saturday, August 1, 2009

New fabric for the stash






Well I had lots of yumminess arrive in the letterbox this week! And the best thing is that there is still more to come. Etsy is my new Ebay and the credit card is getting a real workout. Luckily it is my birthday on wednesday so alot of these purchases are actually birthday presents. I am going to start making some quilts which I am itching to get a start on. I need an area though that I can spread out in and then just leave everything exactly where it is and not worry about little people coming and "helping". I am participating in DQS7 (Doll Quilt Swap 7) and some of these fabrics will play a part in the construction of my swap. I will put some photos up once I get going.
Not much else has been going on since my last post - India has started to put on some good weight so that is a relief, the other 2 terrors are the same - Stella is loving Kindy and I have put Oscar on a waitlist for Day care for one day a week. They are both starting an Art Class next wednesday so hopefully they will enjoy that. We are heading up to Brisbane next Saturday - somewhat spur of the moment as Paul has to go up for work, but it will be good to catch up with friends and family. Must start doing some organising of where we are staying and the like before it is time to leave. Two of the days is down the gold coast for Pauls work part so it will be nice to be stuck there in 5 star comfort and hopefully some sun!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Beautiful fabric stash.

    Can't wait to see what you make. Have fun in the five star!!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, the sprog and I are booked to go to Brisbane at end of the month for Mum's 60th (40th! har har).... Don't supposed you're going to be back there until the end of the month?

    (Hopefully the house will be finished by then, I want to stay at the new hotel!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Megs, Thanks for visiting my blog. I was only looking at this post the other day (in SA coincidently) thinking you have so much fabric you could open a shop! I look forward to seeing what you make. Sam Millis, modern retro textiles (ps I love mixtape too)

    ReplyDelete