Thursday, December 3, 2009

A catch up

So I feel like it has been a while since I have had a good catch up on here so I thought now was as good a time as any. A while ago I blogged about the DQS7 that I was involved in, well I sent off my little quilt to Rachel in Ohio, and then I waited and waited and nothing came back to me :( so the lovely organisers got a lovely local lady - Amanda to send me an angel quilt, and then about a month or so after that I received my original quilt from Stephanie, so really I was twice as lucky because I got 2 beautiful quilts to admire. Both ladies also sent me so lovely goodies so I was right royally spoilt.
Around the same time I also started on a quilt top, using the yellowy, pinky tones from Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks range. I also have another to make using her other colour palette - more blues and greens, I have gotten a bit side tracked on this project though so I will have to get back to that again soon.
The kids experienced a babysitter for the very first time, and they were fine with the whole experience, so I think we will be doing it more regularly - except for the fact that it costs and arm and a leg for a babysitter these days - whatever happened to the days of the $7/hour babysitter? Anyway, we went to the Pearl jam concert and it was well the worth the $120 for the babysitting. Paul and I were transported back to our youth and it was a fabulous concert as usual and just incase you were wondering Eddie has still got it!
India and I headed back to Brisbane for a quick visit last week, just 3 nights as my Grandma who hasn't been particularly well was over here on a visit with my Aunt and Uncle on the Sunshine Coast, so I really wanted to get back and spend a bit of time with her and introduce India to them. It was lovely to be back around family - it was also the first time in a while that both my sisters and I and Mum and Dad have been together, so it was good to all see each other at the same time.

Got to catch up with a few Brissy friends as well, and then got to fly home on the friday night in time for my Workshop with Kellie from Don't Look Now on the weekend. Also picked up my sewing machine on the way home from the airport at about 10:30pm, I had put it in to be serviced about 10 days prior and it was meant to be ready well before then, but nothing like leaving things to the last minute. The Course was FABULOUS, but I will post about that separately.

Now the count down is on till Christmas - my god only 3 weeks to go! (Still need to lose another 4 kgs to reach my first weight loss goal of 10kg by Christmas, fingers crossed.) I am very unprepared, but considering that Christmas will be just us this year, I don't really feel like I need to be too organised. I have started to make some presents for Stella's Kindy teachers and I am trying to go Handmade with most of my other gifts this year too. I may have even found a few things that I might start adding to my EdanRose range, so I will be sure to let you know when that happens. I am dreading next week when Kindy finishes and I have all 3 of them all day every day, I will have to have the Rescue Remedy close on hand!

Ok, will be back soon with the Workshop Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment